2.11.2007

My Anna Nicole post.

Now, I apologize for starting off with something as non-nerdy as Anna Nicole Smith, but I feel as through I need to. I'll keep it short and sweet.

She was a greedy, drug-fueled, crazy-ass, old billionaire bangin' ho in life. Her dying should not and will not make me respect her for any reason whatsoever. I don't care how and why it happened and I never will.

There was a candlelight vigil for Anna Nicole in Union Square in NYC this past Thursday (the 8th). If I had known about it, I would have went and vomited on all of them out of pure disgust. What did she ever do to deserve this treatment? I don't remember such coverage when Katherine Hepburn died. Makes me completely sick.

Rant over. Semper pi.

2 comments:

Requiem0904 said...

I can see why you feel the way you do about Anna Nicole Smith - Margaret Cho had some things to say on her blog that made me think of your post -- not meant to challenge, but another side nonetheless... :

"2/9/07
R.I.P. ANNA NICOLE SMITH
I am very sad to hear of Anna Nicole Smith’s death. She’s about my age, and I used to see her around, back in the day when I used to see people around. I didn’t know her well, but I always thought she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. So pale and blonde, with this incredible soft serve ice cream vulnerability, like ripe summer peaches hot from the sun, or rice pudding made from grains boiled for over a day on the stove; Anna Nicole Smith was the goddess of all things that are sweet and enveloping.
I hope that she is happy now, where she is. It is easy to picture her there, riding the clouds, her young son at her side, a million miles above the paparazzi and the tabloids, the gossip columns and the lawsuits and Bobby Trendy and Trimspa and the rest. I hope she feels thin, and nothing is bugging her, and that she doesn’t have any more doubts or worries. Only puppies and kisses and love. Because she deserves that."

Not that she deserves your sympathy, but sometimes people get wrapped up in a media storm, celebrity also has a cost -- some are not equipped I suppose.

Not sure why I'm posting, I don't have a great allegiance to ANS - Playing devil's advocate I suppose. Though you certainly have a lot of conviction, which I respect...vomit on 14th street excused.

miss a-train said...

Now Mike, the truly nerdy thing to do would have been to talk about how much you LOVE the Anna. EVERY nerd loves her, I'm not sure if it's the big ol' boobies or the "craziness" (we're moving full circle here) but nerdy boys love her, mostly cause they want to bang her.

I respect your difference of opinion! hahah...